Market landscape analysis for a novel gene delivery platform to guide business strategy
The multi-institutional project team will analyze the gene delivery market and identify potential entry points for a novel platform to deliver molecules to individual cells. The team will utilize primary and secondary research analysis to evaluate and prioritize market segments taking into consideration: 1) cell type, 2) molecule type, 3) disease area, and 4) barriers to entry. Additionally, the team will identify direct/indirect competitors as well as potential strategic partners for the client. The team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s internal business strategy. Throughout the project, the team will work closely with the company’s founder and C-level leadership, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership
Project Timeline: September to Mid-November, 12 weeks.
Keywords: microbial therapeutics, chronic inflammatory disease, competitive analysis
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development or industry is a plus, but not required
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply and are given preferential review.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cell biology, genetics, bioengineering, biochemistry, immunology, or other related fields.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your preferred project in your cover letter
- Subject line: BCBA Consulting Program Application
- Application Deadline: Aug 11th, 2017