Whitepaper report on clinical disease target landscape for natural products:
The multi-institutional project team will conduct a survey to identify, evaluate, triage and prioritize high-value therapeutic targets of small molecules. The team will utilize secondary scientific/clinical literature and primary interviews to survey the clinical target landscape and evaluate the following key factors: 1) current understanding of target value, 2) target’s role in disease pathology and mechanism of action, 3) clinical trial difficulty, and 4) existing data on efficacy and safety. The team will construct a whitepaper report summarizing their findings and providing strategic recommendations to guide the client’s internal R&D strategy. The team will work closely with company’s co-founder and a venture capitalist as well as an industry mentor and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership throughout the project.
Project Timeline: Mid-June to August, 10 weeks.
Keywords: clinical targets, natural products, whitepaper report.
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in clinical targets, drug development, bioinformatics, biochemistry, and other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply and are given preferential review.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Clinical Target Survey Whitepaper Report
- Application Deadline: June 5th, 2017