Survey of disease indications for a novel gene editing platform
by | December 6, 2018
The multi-institutional project team will conduct a survey to evaluate and prioritize applications for a novel gene editing platform. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate the landscape for different disease indications based on i) current unmet needs, ii) therapeutic modes of action, iii) technical challenges of development, iv) clinical considerations, and v) incidence and competitive landscape. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s founder, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Mid-January to End-March 2019, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: gene editing, genetic diseases, gene therapy
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in gene editing, immunology, bioengineering, molecular biology, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Gene Editing Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: December 6, 2018