Market opportunity assessment for a novel genetic engineering platform for cell-based therapeutics
The multi-institutional project team will evaluate market opportunities and entry points for a novel genetic engineering platform for cell-based therapeutics. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to perform a landscaping analysis of the cell-based therapy space and prioritize market entry points based on i) current unmet needs, ii) technical challenges of development, iii) clinical considerations, iv) market trajectory and barriers to entry, and v) competitive landscape. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s founder, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Mid-January to End-March 2019, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: genetic engineering, cell therapy, market landscaping
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in genetic engineering, immunology, bioengineering, molecular biology, bioinformatics, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Cell Therapy Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: December 6, 2018