Survey of disease indications for a novel therapeutics delivery platform
by | May 21, 2018
The multi-institutional project team will conduct a survey to evaluate and prioritize disease indications for a novel therapeutics delivery platform. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate the landscape for different disease indications taking into consideration (1) strength of understanding of disease mechanisms, (2) previous drug delivery approaches, (3) clinical trial difficulty, (4) market size, and (5) competitive landscape. The team will identify key unmet needs and barriers to entry associated with each indication. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s co-founder, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: May to August 2018, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: drug delivery, oncology, market landscape
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in drug delivery, small molecule pharmaceuticals, clinical targets and mechanisms of action, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Therapeutics Delivery Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: May 21, 2018