Survey of disease indications for a comparative biology-based drug discovery platform
The BCBA project team will conduct a survey to evaluate and prioritize cardiovascular, metabolic, and neuro indications for an early stage company’s target discovery platform that leverages the power of comparative biology to develop therapeutics.The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate the landscape for different disease indications based on i) current unmet needs, ii) therapeutic modes of action, iii) market opportunity, iv) clinical considerations, and v) competitive landscape. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and provide recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s CEO and co-founders, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: March-May 2020, 12 weeks
Keywords: comparative biology, cardiovascular disease, metabolic diseases
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cardiac biology, metabolic biology, neurobiology, molecular biology, and other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here: http://bit.ly/
- Application Deadline: Thursday, February 20, 2020