Market opportunity assessment for a novel all-in-one NGS analysis library prep solution
by | July 7, 2020
A life science tools company is developing a novel NGS library preparation kit for Illumina NGS systems that, in addition to primary sequence, captures long-range information enabling large structural variant detection and haplotype phasing along with 3D chromatin architecture. The multi-institutional project team will 1) analyze the next-generation sequencing library prep market (size, competition, segments, demand), 2) identify product features that are most valuable to a large percentage of researchers, 3) collect feedback from prospective adopters on the product profile, and 4) map highest value market segments for the product. The team will construct slide decks summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, the team will interact directly with the company’s commercial operations and marketing executives, an industry mentor, and BiotechConnection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: late July-Sept 2020, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: next-generation sequencing library prep, SV detection, epigenetics, 3D genomics
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in next-generation sequencing, genomics, epigenetics, and molecular and cell biology.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to bit.ly/NGSsolution2020
- Subject line: NGS consulting engagement
- Application Deadline: July 17, 2020