Therapeutic discovery strategy for a novel neurological and psychiatric disease drug discovery platform
by | May 23, 2019
The project team will evaluate the scientific landscape for a set of neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric diseases, and construct a therapeutic discovery plan that leverages the capabilities of a state-of-the-art cerebral organoid and machine learning-driven drug discovery platform. The team will utilize secondary research to synthesize current disease mechanism hypotheses and nominate novel therapeutic targets or approaches to be evaluated using the discovery platform. The team will incorporate multiple factors into the final therapeutic discovery strategy, including: i) molecular, cellular, and systems-level disease biology, ii) clinical disease characteristics, iii) preclinical and clinical-stage therapies in development, and iv) historical clinical trial results. The BCBA team will construct a white paper report summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s executives, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Early June to mid August, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: neurobiology, systems neuroscience, pharmacology, drug discovery, clinical trial
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in neuroscience, pharmacology, drug discovery, molecular biology, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Neuroscience Drug Discovery Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: Thursday, May 23rd