Prioritization of oncology indications for a first-in-class small molecule drug
by | May 23, 2019
The multi-institutional project team will perform a survey to assess and prioritize oncological indications for a first-in-class small molecule inhibitor drug. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate the landscape for different tumor applications based on i) strength of scientific understanding, ii) tumor and drug characteristics, iii) accessibility of preclinical data and models, iv) clinical considerations, and v) market landscape. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s executives, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Late May to early August, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: Oncology, cancer therapy, tumor biology
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cancer biology, oncology, molecular and cell biology, immunology, drug development, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Oncology Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: Thursday, May 23rd