Prioritization of oncology targets for novel medicinal chemistry approach
by | November 5, 2019
The multi-institutional project team will analyze and prioritize oncology targets for drug development by an early stage, venture-backed company with an innovative medicinal chemistry platform and an executive team with a proven track record in oncology drug discovery and development (1 approved drug, multiple drugs in registration trials, >15 development candidates and > 150 issued patents). The team will evaluate the cancer biology landscape for attractive targets linked to tumor dependencies based on biological context, level of validation, possible indications, level of potential impact, and competition. The BCBA team will construct slide decks summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s research and business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s executives and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership. The company’s CEO has been actively engaged with BCBA since its inception and has been directly involved in the hiring of 5 BCBA members over the years.
Project Timeline: mid-Nov to early-Feb, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: oncology targets, cancer therapy, tumor biology
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cancer biology, oncology, molecular and cell biology, drug development, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here: http://bit.ly/
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 5th