Patent application writing for a first-in-class anti-inflammatory compound
by | November 21, 2019
Lupa Bio is a start-up company founded to advance evolutionary biology with an aim to disrupt the prescription anti-inflammatory market. They are an innovative, Indie Bio-funded company with a founding team with a combined over 30 years of pharmaceutical industry experience across all disciplines. Lupa is seeking technical writers to support the preparation of patent applications to expand their intellectual property portfolio. The project team will review data and literature and draft material for inclusion in patent applications. The writers will meet weekly with the President and Co-founder of Lupa Bio who has 20 years of pharma experience, having led the patent and regulatory affairs function for a >$5B market cap company. This is a unique opportunity to learn patent drafting and strategy from an experienced leader in these areas of the drug discovery and development business.
Project Timeline: November to February
Keywords: patent writing, technical writing, intellectual property
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical biology, and in vivo pharmacology.
- Strong scientific written and oral communication skills are required (drafting patents, scientific publications, etc.).
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here: http://bit.ly/
- Application Deadline: Thursday, November 21st