Prioritization of viral disease indications for drug development
The multi-institutional project team will assess the feasibility of an array of viral disease indications as targets for new therapeutic development efforts for a well-known biopharma company headquartered in the Bay Area. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate and prioritize viral disease indications focusing on i) disease burden and incidence, ii) global health need, iii) technical challenges of drug development, iv) strategic fit with the biopharma’s current portfolio, and v) barriers to entry. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s Director of R&D strategy, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Late January to April 2019, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: viral disease, drug development, disease prioritization
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in virology, inflammation, immunology, clinical and drug development, bioinformatics, public health, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Virology Consulting engagement
- Application Deadline: Jan 19, 2019