Ovarian cancer market opportunity assessment for cell based therapies
by | March 24, 2017
The project team will work with a Bay Area biotech startup to evaluate the current standards of care and treatment options for ovarian cancer, and identify key areas of unmet medical need for which cell based therapies may bring significant value. The team will utilize a combination of secondary scientific/clinical literature analysis and primary interviews with clinical oncologists, cancer biologists and regulatory representatives to evaluate the clinical demand, efficacy and safety requirements for engineered cell therapies. Finally, the team will evaluate the competitive landscape within the ovarian cancer market and identify direct/indirect competitors and/or other potential barriers to entry and adoption of the client’s technology. The team will construct a slide deck with their analysis and present their recommendations to the client to guide internal R&D strategy. The team will work closely with company founders, C-level leadership, an industry mentor and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership throughout the project.
Project Timeline: Early April to late June, 12 weeks.
Keywords: Ovarian Cancer, clinical oncology, engineered cell therapies, competitive analysis.
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (Ph.D., M.D., etc.), post-doc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in ovarian cancer biology, clinical oncology and cell based therapies.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-12 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply and are given preferential review.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Ovarian Cancer Project
- Application Deadline: March 24th, 2017