Oncology molecular biomarkers survey to guide clinical diagnostics development
The project team will identify high-value cancer molecular biomarkers for development into FDA-cleared digital PCR (dPCR) clinical diagnostics for a multi-national company. The team will perform a survey of cancer biomarkers and evaluate them based upon scientiﬁc and clinical validity, technical feasibility and market attractiveness. For the top candidate biomarkers, the team evaluate the overall market attractiveness, utilizing a combination of primary and secondary market analysis approaches, including: 1) primary interviews of scientiﬁc and clinical key opinion leaders, 2) market sizing & segmentation, 3) competitive landscape analysis, and 4) use-case analysis. The team will work closely with the client’s global marketing department throughout the project, and will receive guidance and mentorship from an industry mentor and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership. The team will assemble a slide deck and report with their ﬁndings and recommendations for the client at the conclusion of the project to guide internal development strategies.
Project Timeline: Early April to late June, 12 weeks.
Keywords: Cancer, molecular biomarkers, digital PCR, companion diagnostics, market research.
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (Ph.D., M.D., etc.), post-doc, clinical
- resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in cancer biology & molecular biomarkers and/or digital PCR methods.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-12 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply and are given preferential review.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Oncology Biomarker Project
- Application Deadline: March 24th, 2017