Indication prioritization for a therapeutics company targeting aging diseases
by | December 8, 2021
As advances in medicine and technology have enabled societies to enjoy longer lifespans, increasing numbers of people will live to experience the negative effects age-associated diseases. An early-stage therapeutics company has engaged BCBA to identify appropriate molecular targets to combat age-associated diseases using high-throughput, high-dimensional approaches. Specifically, the BCBA team will use primary and secondary research methods to prioritize 1) organ systems with the highest potential for age-associated therapeutic interventions and 2) diseases best suited to the company’s methods of therapeutic intervention.
Project Timeline: Jan 2022 – Mar 2022, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: Aging, tissue biology, cell biology, immunology, translational medicine, RNA, viral vectors
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in aging research, tissue biology, cell biology, immunology, virology, RNA modification, and biochemistry.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter HERE
- Application Deadline: Monday, December 20th, 2021