Due diligence to guide venture capital investment
by | December 8, 2021
The multi-institutional project team will perform due diligence on life science and therapeutics startups under consideration by venture capital firms in the Bay Area. For each company, the team may evaluate the following key areas: 1) company capabilities (e.g. scientific merit, intellectual property, etc.), 2) market attractiveness, and 3) competitive landscape. Team members will interact directly with representatives from the investment firm as well as Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership throughout the project. Results of these evaluations will be presented to investors and utilized to inform investment decisions.
Project Timeline: January – March 2022, 6-8 weeks (with potential for extension)
Keywords: due diligence, biotech investing, venture capital
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD), postdocs, clinical residents or early industry professionals.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in pharmaceutical/medicinal chemistry (assay development/screening, and/or small molecule drug development is a plus), structural biology, biochemistry, oncology (TCGA and DepMap database experience is a plus), immunology (incl. I/O), cell/molecular biology, physiology, metabolism, and bioinformatics.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3+ years in graduate studies and/or 6+ of lab experience, postdocs, and early industry professionals.
- Prior experience in due diligence, consulting, market research, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter HERE
Application Deadline: Monday, December 20th, 2021