Market opportunity assessment for a molecular structure determination platform company
by | October 21, 2021
An early-stage contract research organization (CRO) is providing high-throughput molecular structure determination services using a cutting-edge platform, enabling them to determine structures cheaper and more quickly than many competitors. The company believes that these advantages will enable them to capture a significant proportion of the molecular structure determination market, and that a large market opportunity exists in the US biopharmaceutical industry. To that end, the company would like to engage BCBA to determine the size and value of the molecular structure determination market within the US biopharma sector. Specifically, the BCBA team will use primary and secondary research methods to determine 1) the size of the opportunity for small molecule structural determination in the US biopharma market and 2) the competitive landscape for structural determination services.
Project Timeline: Jan 2022 – Mar 2022, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: Structural biology, drug discovery, medicinal chemistry
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in medicinal chemistry, small molecule discovery/characterization, structural biology, biochemistry, high throughput drug discovery.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter HERE
- Application Deadline: Monday, December 20th, 2021