Application prioritization for a novel spatial genomics platform
by | July 29, 2019
The project team will evaluate and prioritize immuno-oncology and neuroscience applications for a novel whole-tissue imaging platform that enables rapid quantification of gene expression levels within each cell, thus enabling single cell transcriptomics while maintaining biological context. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate the landscape for applications based on i) unmet needs, ii) level of demand, iii) market opportunity, and iv) technical considerations. They will also identify and characterize potential adopters across customer segments in academia and industry. The team will construct slide decks summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with company representatives and venture capital investors, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: August to November, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: spatial genomics, single-cell transcriptomics, neurobiology, immuno-oncology
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in neurobiology, immuno-oncology, molecular and cell biology, and single-cell transcriptomics
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here: http://bit.ly/
- Application Deadline: Monday, July 29th