Market opportunity assessment for a novel diagnostic tool for neurological disorders
The multi-institutional project team will evaluate market readiness for a novel diagnostic tool for neurological disorders, with an emphasis on epilepsy and other neurological indications. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate pain points, unmet needs and user requirements for the novel diagnostic tool by focusing on i) unmet needs and desired use cases, ii) technical challenges of development, iii) market readiness, sizing and growth, and iv) comparison to current standard of care. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s general manager and chief of staff, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Late-January to Mid-April 2019, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: neurological disorders, multi-modal diagnostic tool, market opportunity assessment
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in neuroengineering, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, clinical development, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Neurodiagnostics Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: December 23, 2018