|We are currently recruiting for the following project:
Prioritization of indications for a therapeutic gene modulation platformWho we are:
BCBA connects academic science trainees and recent graduates to the Bay Area’s biotech industry through hands-on consulting and due diligence projects. We are a volunteer organization composed of PhD students, post-docs, medical trainees, and young professionals looking to gain professional development for jobs in biotech companies, consulting, and venture capital. Over 450 scientists from across the country have participated in BCBA projects and have gone on to internships and full-time positions with leading biotech companies, consulting firms, and venture capitals firms.
Project timeline: Week of October 16th – Week of January 22nd (10-12 weeks total, break during winter holidays)
Who you are:
- A graduate/professional student (i.e. PhD, MS, MBA, MD, PharmD), postdoc, or recent graduate
- Enthusiastic about gaining life-science business experience and helping a company identify promising indications for their gene expression modulation platform
- Eager to build communication skills through conducting interviews of academic and industry key opinion leaders and presenting findings to the consulting team and client
- Interest or research experience in some of the following categories: CRISPR techniques, genome editing, gene therapy, human genetics, automated database queries, bioinformatics and data analysis, market landscaping, indication prioritization, translational research
- Able to commit 10-15 hours/week as a volunteer
What you will do:
You will be working with a company seeking to identify the most feasible therapeutic targets for their unique in vivo gene expression modulation platform. You will perform a comprehensive database analysis to identify promising indications and apply scoring criteria on key biological and market characteristics. For the top indications, you will develop target product profiles and discuss with key opinion leaders in promising indication areas to summarize key metrics and scope a path forward for therapeutic development.
What you will get:
- Experience conducting consulting-style research including market sizing, competitive landscaping, interviewing key opinion leaders, and case study analysis
- Development of your professional network and communication skills through interactions with the client, interviewed stakeholders, your teammates, and BCBA leadership
- Skills that will make you highly competitive for entrepreneurial, consulting, venture capital, and business development careers
- Reimbursement for meals during team meetings
To Apply: Please submit this Google form by Friday, October 6th
More information about BCBA can be found here. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions!