Market Opportunity Prioritization for a Biomedical Startup
by | April 14, 2023
Who we are:
BCBA connects academic science trainees and recent graduates to the Bay Area’s biotech industry through hands-on consulting for biotechnology and medical startups. We are a volunteer organization composed of PhD students, post-docs, medical trainees, and young professionals looking to gain professional development for jobs in biotech companies, consulting, and venture capital. Over 450 scientists from across the country have participated in BCBA projects and have gone on to internships and full-time positions with leading biotech companies, consulting firms, and venture capital firms.
April 24th – June 27th (10 – 12 weeks total)
Who you are:
- A graduate/professional student (MD/PhD, MD or PhD), postdoc, or recent graduate, preferably with a background in medicine, biomedical engineering, biomedical imaging or related fields.
- Enthusiastic about gaining life-science business experience and helping a biomedical startup evaluate market opportunities for a cutting-edge technology that has the potential to transform clinical practice
- Able to commit 10-15 hours/week as a volunteer
What you will do:
You will be working with a biomedical startup to understand and assess product-market fit for a variety of clinical market opportunities. This startup is a spinout from a leading biomedical engineering lab, where acclaimed scientists have developed the technology with over $2 million in grant funding over the past 8 years and published their work in Nature Electronics, Nature Biomedical Engineering and other notable journals. You will conduct in-depth market due diligence and develop a market application prioritization strategy by conducting secondary research, expert interviews and relevant analysis.
What you will get:
- Experience conducting data-driven, consulting style research including market sizing, competitive landscaping, expert interview and case study analysis
- Experience applying the results of this research to assessing product-market fit, one of the key challenges for any new business venture
- Development of your professional network and communication skills through interactions with the client, interviewed stakeholders, your teammates, and BCBA leadership
- Reimbursement for meals during team meetings
Submit this google form by Friday, April 14th
More information about BCBA and our projects can be found here
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions