Business Strategy for Scientists: Q&A with Experts
by | April 27, 2017
10 to 11:30am
UCSF OCPD, Department of Biomedical Sciences (BMS), and Biotech Connection- Bay Area present this panel on business strategy for PhD students and post-docs.
Attend the Q&A panel with an all star panel from healthcare, medical device, national labs, start-ups and academia.
- Deborah Dauber, Healthcare Consultant and former head of Competitive Intelligence at Genentech
- Sandra Waugh Ruggles, Principal Consultant at Medical Device Consulting and Founder of Catalyst Bioscience
- Casimir Starsiak, Lead of Strategy and Business Operations at Verily Life Sciences
- Malin Young, Deputy Director for Science and Technology at the Pacific Northwest National Labs
- Mark Ansel, Director of UCSF Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program and Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
You can submit questions that you want answered on the eventbrite registration. Topics could include concepts in business strategy such as defining the value proposition, how to engage in strategic collaborations, and how to develop a strategy and remain agile. We hope the topics discussed will be relevant to both academic and industry settings.