Survey of oncology applications for a novel metabolic therapy
by | September 6, 2019
The multi-institutional project team will conduct a survey to evaluate and prioritize oncological indications for an innovative food-based cancer therapy that exploits nutritional disparities in cancer cell metabolism. The team will also survey existing cancer drugs to be combined with the therapy. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate different applications based on i) unmet needs and pain points, ii) market landscape/opportunity iii) relevant preclinical and clinical data, and iv) clinical trial considerations. Additionally, the team will curate a list of interested clinical partners for testing the metabolic therapy in cancer patients. The BCBA team will construct slide decks and other documents summarizing their findings and provide recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s co-founders and C-suite executives, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: mid-September to December, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: metabolic therapy, oncology, cancer biology, drug development
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cancer biology, clinical oncology, metabolism, human nutrition, drug development, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here: http://bit.ly/
- Application Deadline: Friday, September 6th