Strategize the adoption of a novel in vivo screening platform by pharmaceutical companies
by | February 1, 2022
Who we are:
BCBA connects academic science trainees and recent graduates to the Bay Area’s biotech industry through hands-on consulting and due diligence projects. We are a volunteer organization composed of PhD students, post-docs, medical trainees, and young professionals looking to gain professional development skills for jobs in biotech companies, consulting, and venture capital. Over 300 scientists from across the country have participated in BCBA projects and have gone on to internships and full-time positions with leading biotech companies, consulting firms, and venture capitals firms.
Project timeline: March – May 2022, 10-12 weeks
Who you are:
- A graduate or professional student (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD, MBA, MS), postdoc, clinical resident, or recent graduate
- Enthusiastic about gaining life-science business experience and helping a company identify how to best develop and apply their technology
- Interest or experience in some of the following categories: elegans, microfluidics, drug screening, high-throughput science techniques, market research, pharmaceutical research, consulting
- Able to commit 10-15 hours/week as a volunteer
What you will do:
You will be working with a CRO that uses AI, automation, microfluidics, and C. elegans to provide high dimensionality, high throughput in vivo data for drug discovery and early product development. The company has had success attracting customers from the food, nutraceutical, and early-stage pharmaceutical segments but has encountered challenges identifying large pharmaceutical partners. The BCBA team will provide strategic guidance to enter the pharmaceutical market for the client.
To accomplish this, you and your BCBA teammates will:
- Identify and prioritize which pharmaceutical companies present ideal partners based on their likelihood to adopt the client’s. This will involve analyzing potential indications, drug development use cases, and company pipelines.
- Speak with leaders and scientists in the pharmaceutical industry to understand requirements, advantages, and barriers to adoption of a new screening platform.
- Develop a tailored strategy for the client to enter the pharmaceutical market.
What you will gain:
- Experience working on a diverse team to solve an open-ended and challenging business problem
- Experience conducting market analysis, identifying market opportunities for a new technology, strategizing the adoption of that new technology
- Development of your professional network and communication skills through interactions with the client, interviewed stakeholders, your teammates, and BCBA leadership
To Apply: Submit this Google form by Monday, February 14th