Optimization of a direct-to-consumer test for the assessment of chronic inflammation
by | March 26, 2021
A direct-to-consumer (DTC) diagnostics company is developing a blood test panel for the assessment of chronic inflammation. Using a cutting-edge AI-based platform, the company is optimizing a panel that can provide their customers with deep insights on their inflammatory status with only a few drops of blood. Given the massive increase in DTC and telemedicine in the recent years, the company believes that there is a significant market opportunity to provide consumers with the ability to understand their inflammatory status and information about lifestyle changes they can make to improve their health.
The primary objectives of this project are 1) to calibrate and optimize a panel of blood tests for biomarkers of inflammation that can be conducted on a small blood sample and provide customers with valuable information regarding the presence of inflammation within their bodies, and 2) to formulate an integrated nutritional and lifestyle plan that may reduce mediators of inflammation, resulting in improvements in overall health and longevity.
Project Timeline: mid-April- early July, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: Direct-to-consumer testing, inflammation, metabolic disorders
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in computational biology, inflammatory disorders, metabolic disease, nutrition science, immunology, and translational medicine.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter: HERE
- Application Deadline: Monday, April 12th, 2021