Market opportunity assessment of NGS platform for liquid biopsies in oncology
The project team will work with a multi-national company to identify promising market entry points for a next-generation sequencing platform for liquid biopsies in oncology. The team will utilize primary interviews of researchers and key opinion leaders (KOLs) combined with secondary literature research to evaluate market attractiveness, technical requirements, and the competitive landscape in two key market segments and make strategic recommendations for the client. The team will work closely with the client’s global marketing team throughout the project, and will receive guidance and mentorship from an industry mentor and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership. At the conclusion of the project, the team will assemble a slide deck with their findings and recommendations for the client to guide internal development strategies.
Project Timeline: End-September to December, 12 weeks.
Keywords: next-generation sequencing, liquid biopsies, oncology
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area
- Prior Experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development or industry is a plus, but not required
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply and are given preferential review.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in next-generation sequencing, liquid biopsies, oncology, biomarkers, diagnostics, and other related fields.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: NGS Liquid Biopsies Project
- Application Deadline: September 15th, 2017