Market opportunity assessment of a microfluidics platform for multi-omics applications
The multi-institutional project team will evaluate the market landscape for multi-omics strategies and identify promising market entry points for which the client’s novel microfluidics technology can provide significant value. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate market segmentation and size as well as identify technical requirements, direct/indirect competitors, and barriers to entry. The BCBA team will construct a slide deck and report summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s internal R&D strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s co-founder, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Mid-January to Mid-April 2018, 12 weeks.
Keywords: multi-omics, microfluidics, market landscape analysis
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in molecular biology, bioengineering, microfluidics, sequencing applications, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Multi-omics Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: December 18th, 2017