Market opportunity assessment for engineered microbiota therapeutics
by | May 21, 2018
The client has developed a unique platform to engineer bacteria that can expand in the gut as therapeutic interventions. The multi-institutional project team will conduct a survey to evaluate and prioritize market opportunities for the platform taking into consideration technical and market promise, including (1) strength of understanding of disease mechanisms, (2) therapeutic modes of action, (3) clinical trial difficulty, (4) market size, and (5) market landscape and competition. The BCBA team will conduct primary and secondary research to construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing the most promising indications to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s co-founders, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: May to August 2018, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: microbiota, metabolic engineering, market landscape
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in microbiome science, synthetic biology, immunology, or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Microbiota Therapeutics Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: May 21, 2018