Market opportunity assessment for a novel stem cell-based drug discovery platform
by | September 6, 2019
The multi-institutional project team will evaluate the drug discovery landscape to prioritize market entry points for a versatile human stem cell-based technology platform that can be used in preclinical testing to substantially de-risk the drug discovery process. The team will assess the potential of different business model types across market segments and determine strategic alliances to maximize value. The BCBA team will utilize primary and secondary research to inform its strategic recommendations based on market potential, unmet needs among stakeholders, technical requirements, and competitive landscape. The BCBA team will construct slide decks summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will interact directly with the company’s executives, an industry mentor, and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: mid-September to December, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: stem cells, drug discovery, market entry
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in drug discovery and development, stem cell biology or other related fields.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here: http://bit.ly/
- Application Deadline: Friday, September 6th