Market opportunity assessment for a high-throughput biologic manufacturing platform
by | February 19, 2021
An early-stage, global health focused platform company has developed methods to rapidly generate a variety of biologics inexpensively and in high throughput. The company is interested in understanding how to best position themselves in the market based on the competitive advantages that their platform provides. In particular, the company believes that the flexibility and rapid deployment of their platform is well suited for the development of next generation personalized medicines and gene therapies, including AAV- and mRNA-based therapeutics.
The primary objectives of this project are 1) to perform a market opportunity assessment for the company’s platform to determine the markets in which they have the greatest competitive advantage and value proposition, focusing specifically on AAV and mRNA-based modalities. 2) Additionally, the BCBA team will work with the company to prepare a funding proposal for a novel AAV-based therapeutic that would be manufactured using their platform. The team will construct slide decks summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the company’s business strategy. Throughout the project, the team will interact directly with the company’s executives and Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership.
Project Timeline: Mar- May, 10-12 weeks
Keywords: AAV manufacturing, mRNA manufacturing, personalized medicine
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate.
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk and is volunteer based (unpaid).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in virology, protein engineering, bioengineering, molecular biology, biologics, and translational medicine.
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter: HERE
- Subject line: Biologic manufacturing consulting engagement
- Application Deadline: Monday, March 1st, 2021