Market opportunity assessment of biomarkers for a neurodegenerative disorder
The client has developed a proprietary software to identify the next generation of biomarkers and have already generated proof-of-concept data to achieve binary accuracy in a particular disease. The multi-institutional project team will evaluate the market opportunity of this biomarker approach for a particular neurodegenerative disorder. The team will utilize primary and secondary research to evaluate the following key areas: (1) market size, (2) unmet medical needs/research challenges, (3) development strategy include potential partnerships, and (4) competitive landscape. The team will construct a slide deck summarizing their findings and providing recommendations to guide the client’s business strategy. Throughout the project, team members will work closely with the company founder and leadership, an industry mentor, and BCBA leadership.
Project Timeline: Early March to End May 2018, 12 weeks.
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area
- Time commitment is expected to be 10-15 hrs/wk, and is volunteer based (unpaid).
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in molecular biology, neurology, biomarkers and diagnostics development, sequencing applications, and other related fields..
Prior experience in consulting, market research, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Biomarkers Consulting Engagement
- Application Deadline: February 19, 2018