Due Diligence to Guide Venture Capital Investment
The multi-institutional project team will perform due diligence on life science and therapeutics startups under consideration by a venture capital firm in the Bay Area. For each company, the team will evaluate the following key areas: 1) company capabilities (e.g. scientific merit, intellectual property, etc.), 2) market attractiveness, and 3) competitive landscape. Additionally, the team will evaluate key sectors of interest to the VC and write market reports summarizing their analysis. Team members will interact directly with the VC as well as Biotech Connection – Bay Area leadership throughout the project. Results of these evaluations will be presented to the VC and utilized to inform investment decisions.
Project Timeline: August 2019 to February 2020, 6 months
- Applicants must be graduate or professional students (PhD, MD, etc.), postdoc, clinical resident or recent graduate in the Bay Area.
- Time commitment is expected to vary with workload weighted heavily on 2-3 high-intensity periods (15-20 hrs/wk) lasting approximately 3 weeks and otherwise minimal (< 5 hrs/wk). This commitment is volunteer based (unpaid).
- The team will be comprised of people with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Candidates with experience in immunology, bioinformatics, cancer biology, protein engineering, synthetic biology, medicinal chemistry, genomics, digital health, sensors, allergy, and other related fields are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience in consulting, due diligence, market research, entrepreneurship, business development, or industry is a plus, but not required.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Subject line: Due Diligence 2019
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 10, 2019