The Next Generation of Biotech Founders
by | January 30, 2020
Join BCBA, Bay Bridge Bio and SVB on Thursday, January 30th for an exciting panel discussion!
While the stereotypical tech entrepreneur is a young software engineer, the biotech startup world is dominated by entrepreneurs with decades of experience in big pharma. But historically, most lasting biotech companies — from Genentech to Gilead — have been started by young founders.
The founders on this panel are the leaders of a new generation of young biotech entrepreneurs. Learn what they’re working on, how they got started, and how they raised money from top venture funds. The panelists are:
- Ashley Zehnder, co-founder and CEO, Fauna Bio
- Liz Shepherd, co-founder, Novome Biotech
- Leah Sibener, co-founder, 3T Biosciences
- Maria Soloveychik, co-founder and CEO, SyntheX
- Sam Kintz, co-founder and CEO, EnLiven Therapeutics
- Moderated by Barbara Alcaraz Silva, Silicon Valley Bank
This panel is the first event in Biotech Startup School. Biotech Startup School is a free 10 week course on how to start a biotech company, with speakers who have built and funded successful biotech companies. Learn more about Biotech Startup School here: https://www.
The event will be held at Byers Auditorium in Genentech Hall at UCSF’s Mission Bay campus. Directions can be found here.